Kardtects was designed, and is enjoyed, as being a fun and creative toy, with its simple, but engaging, concept. The back to basics features have made it a favorite for all ages. And, on reflection, it is possibly its simplicity that gives the answer to ‘why its popularity?’. It is the back to basics value that appears to be the attractive element, shared by all toys that have lasted the test of time.
The simplicity of a toy is something that children engage with; the toy is defined enough to be recognized as unique, but how to use it relies more on the imagination and mind of the child. That is why generation after generation these toys remain popular.
This quality of back to basics toys is now a recognized value, and is something that parents and childcare authorities are actively looking for. Studies into the constructive development of children, both physically and intellectually, have shown kids are governed and supported by their playtime. The toys they are encouraged to play with should offer this entire concept, for it is vital. The reason being they go back to the original values of toys, which is not to echo any defined fashion, but to educate a child through indirect and casual play.
The primary recognized points of ‘Back to Basics’ products and which the Kardtects support are –
- Improving Fine-Motor Manipulation and Strength: So many stages of development are often assumed to be natural, but in reality every skill is learnt. This ability to hold objects with progressively developing skill, is something children learn, and can be encouraged by giving them access to toys that help this. Kardtects is perfect for this, as the balancing and positioning of cards is a fun process of improving and challenging this skill.
- Enhancing Spatial Awareness: Construction toys, such as the Kardtects Card House Building system, helps children understand and develop their visual awareness of space and distance. They learn by playing with cards to improve their estimation of how much space they need to complete the build they are imagining. It is rewarding to observe how quickly this happens, and allows parents and guardians to really witness this intellectual growth in children.
- Encourages Thinking and Reasoning: These are paramount qualities in supporting a child in the early establishment of their social character and helps them develop into well-rounded, independent and successful adults. With card house building with Kardtects a child natural begins to contemplate what they are building, from imagining the initial design to contemplating the requirements of space, challenges of balancing cards and the limitations of their and the cards abilities.
- Encourages Focus and Patience: With Kardtects Cards showing the need to work slowly and carefully to be successful in creating their designs, a child is taught the rewards of focus and patience, two qualities that would be considered vital of further education and social development, and so also builds a child’s confidence.
- Ignites and Supports Imagination: Imagination is a primary tool for both problem solving, constructive ambition and estimating consequences. For several decades the majority of toys have been designed following fashion and commercial trends, and in doing so have reduced a more open opportunity for a child’s imagination. For example, a stark reduction has been seen in the enchanting method of play we all saw in the Disney/Pixar film ‘Toys’, with Woody and Buzz Lightyear. In the film we see a child using his collection of toys, from all different brands and concepts, to create a purely imaginative story. With marketing and toys reducing this quality of imaginative play, it is now encouraged that a child is also given construction toys, such as Kardtects Card Building set, to help support this gap, by providing a toy that rests almost purely on the requirements of a child’s imagination to play.
- Encouraging Cooperative Play: Often the prime ‘Back to Basics’ toys are ones that not only all generations enjoy, as such, a child looks and often receives help in their constructions, building their confidence and understanding in cooperative play, fostering team work and social compassion.
These are all aspects fully supported by the Kardtects building toys, not purposefully designed in, but just logically existent within the product and one we are proud to support and promote. If you would like any further advice on these aspects, and how Kardtects can help, please do ask.
Watch an example for one of the incredible card castles your child could build with Kardtects: